Pages

Thursday, July 31, 2014

League of Load Times

 After a quite extended break from League I've gotten back into the groove of things. Getting caught up on new items, what items have changed, and who is still viable was quite the challenge after not playing for almost a year. Syndra seems to have become God tier while I was gone which is surprising with how everyone said she was garbage when she came out. Alas all of this becomes mute when one of the reasons I stopped playing is still as strong as ever in League. With League (and Mobas in general) becoming bigger and bigger the need for more and better servers is always a concern. LoL is arguably in its prime with more and more players joining all the time, so one would think that better servers or an updated client would be in the forefront for the guys at Riot. One of the reasons (and by no means the biggest) I took a break from League was due to the unreliability of Riot servers. Yet I return almost an entire year later the find that they are in the same, if not worse, state then when I left. Thankfully I am in shape to be playing ranked matches, but when everyone in a match starts to get 1000 ping and cant move their champ things get a bit unfair. One ranked match is by no means the end of the world but I would have thought that servers had gotten a bit better. Riot has the means and the man power to make the servers better then they were 2 years ago yet they are still as shabby as ever with random spikes in ping and "preparing to reconnect" messages.


 My other gripe is the load times. Today alone I ran into 4 out of 6 games that had 4-8 minute load times. Everyone would be sitting at 100% while we waited for that 1 guy at 20% to load the game. Once in a while this is understandable with lower end PC's or bad internet connections, but when its happening almost every match it gets.....annoying. I dont mind waiting to get into game but when you have to sit there for 8 minutes watching the percent go up one by one just knowing its going to be the same thing next time you go to play I get annoyed. I don't claim to be any kind of expert on why this is but shouldn't this be fixed by now? These are minor complaints but just something that I had expected to get better. With all the negative out of the way I am glad to say that I am enjoying the HELL out of Yasuo. He is quickly becoming one of my favorite Champs to play.  

No comments:

Post a Comment